Friday, August 1, 2008

The Pursuit Of Normalcy

Hello all,

Lately I've been neglecting my blog worse than a Spears/Federline spawn. Luckily in my case it's not because of a genetic predisposition to infantile negligence --I've just been preoccupied.

First off, I just moved to a new apartment in the Kirkwood area and, as you can imagine, the move threw my life into a convoluted head-spin filled with boxes and packing tape for a couple of weeks. I'm just now recovering from trying to fit 1,100 sq. ft. of crap into a 850 sq. ft. place. But the apartment (technically a duplex) is shaping up quite well and I only have a couple of boxes of crap that I don't know where to cram, so it's all good. I still don't have the internet or cable because Comcast is trying to keep me from pursuing happiness, but hopefully it'll all be back to normal by next week.

Also, a day after I moved into the new place I got the pleasant surprise of a job offer at an online media measurement company called BigChampagne. Yes, I know, weird name. But they are truly on the cutting edge of media market research and I'm excited to now be a part of their company (and to get a steady paycheck again). Plus, it's located right downtown on the 22nd floor of an office building, so I get to feel like I'm a stock broker or something.

I'm sure I'll get back to blogging on a regular basis soon, so fear not, my faithful little blog-reading bunnies, I have not forsaken you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! I'm glad everything's settling down for you. Now you should probably bring your lady and come hang out with us...just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Job! Money! Whoo!

    Sorry we didn't make it to Star Bar the other night but I'm sure there'll be more hanging out soon. And that's a fact...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...