Friday, July 18, 2008

Musings On The Dark Knight


Last night Adrienne and I went to see the midnight show of The Dark Knight. For this special occasion I donned my vintage 1989 Batman logo t-shirt (courtesy of the Dickie Magic estate), which I realize is kind of a faux pas --much like wearing a band's t-shirt to that particular band's concert-- but I didn't care much. Geek is the new cool, after all.

Sorry for the misleading blog title, but I'll spare you yet another review of the movie. You've likely already heard/read a couple of dozen reviews on every medium imaginable anyway. Hell, you've probably seen the damn movie yourself and blogged, texted, Twittered, faxed and/or telegraphed everyone you know from your fancy-panted 3G iPhone about its many virtues.

So yeah, it lived up to the hype. It was good.

So good and well received in fact, that as I type this I'm being informed that the movie took in $18.5 million just on midnight screenings alone, so I'm sure it's set to break all sorts of box office records this weekend. Something like 1,300 showings were sold out well in advance of the weekend.

But please don't tell me that The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan is going to be busy filming yet another Batman sequel instead of finally getting back to work on his chef-d'oeuvre, Memento 2: Still Ain't Remembering Shit About Dick.

That's a sequel I've been waiting on for faaaar too long. . .

2 comments:

  1. im goin tonight! woo! so pumped to be terrified by heath ledger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heath Ledger is quite terrifyingly terrific if that makes any sense...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...