Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Marc Ribot In "The Lost String"

While falling down a deep Marc Ribot rabbit-hole on YouTube last weekend, I came upon The Lost String, a documentary film by Anaïs Prosaïc.

Ribot is one of my favorite guitar players primarily because of his work with Tom Waits, although his résumé is quite extensive and impressive beyond that. I was not familiar with his background or the depth of his musical perspective before watching The Lost String, so I found many of his insights to be quite enlightening and the musical performances were as varied as they were sublime.

I hope you'll enjoy it also; I arranged all six parts in this convenient playlist (running time is just around 45 minutes):


BONUS: French subtitles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...