Saturday, May 31, 2008

Attack of the Hollywood Clones!


Amy Adams (left) & Isla Fisher (right).

Up until a few months ago, I thought that the two actresses above were one person. Actually, I'm still on the fence about this. Looking at the pictures without the caption, I dare you to tell me who's who; I had to rely on the sources on Google Images to tell the difference myself, and I'm forced to assume that they know what the hell they're talking about.

I guess I first became aware of Isla Fisher as Rachel McAdams'¹ psycho little sister who jerked Vince Vaughn off under the dinner table in Wedding Crashers; she was a memorable character and a large part of what made that movie funny. Later, I heard that she started dating Sacha Baron Cohen (aka Borat, aka Ali G, aka Bruno). So, when I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby, which also starred Cohen, and saw her as Will Ferrell's love interest, I thought that they must've met during the filming of that movie.

Except that it was actually Amy Adams, not Isla Fisher, in Talladega Nights. I didn't become aware of this fact until I watched this year's Oscars and someone named Amy Adams performed the songs from the nominated musical Enchanted, which I thought starred Isla Fisher. So, I (probably much like you, right now) was thoroughly confused and had to do a little research on IMDb.

Upon finding out that they were indeed two separate entities and NOT one individual redhead, my first instinct was that under Sacha Cohen's mischievous guidance, Isla Fisher was just playing a joke on all of us by pretending to be a different actress who just happened to look and sound exactly like her.

Good one, guys. You got us real good.

And until I see them simultaneously in the same room, I'm sticking by that theory. I'm also willing to do a more, ahem, hands-on and exhaustive investigation on both of them to discern any palpable physical differences. What can I say? I'm thorough, if anything.


¹Coincidently, I thought that Rachel McAdams (below, left) and Elizabeth Banks (below, right) were the same person for a while as well. What can I say, white people all look the same to me...

3 comments:

  1. Omg. I swear to god I thought that was Amy Adams in Wedding Crashers. You just taught me something there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been her in Wedding Crashers. I don't even know anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was isla fisher in wedding crashers, and she's hot as hell. whos this other girl? looks pretty fugly to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...