Monday, March 26, 2007

Everyone's Waiting

I just watched the series finale of Six Feet Under on Bravo. It was sad, emotionally draining and overall, totally satisfying. It's a fine line to tread, the finale that ties up all loose ends; for the most part it never works. But for this show it couldn't have ended any other way. If you've seen it, I'm sure you probably feel the same way.

I never watched Six Feet when it first ran on HBO, but everybody who did would always tell me that it was my kind of show. Now that I've seen it, I'm not really sure what these people saw that would make them say that to me; I don't see why ANYONE wouldn't like this show. . . it's a good show. I'm glad I had a chance to finally see it.

I suspect that the upcoming series finale of The Sopranos will not be quite as conclusive. Something tells me that I'll probably be disappointed with the way it ends. But then again, I may just be fooling myself into thinking this so that any sort of closure will seem satisfying. I'm a tricky bastard like that, I can convince myself of anything. I just have a feeling that the show's creator, David Chase, is a big fan of not pandering to the expectations of the audience and that makes it really unpredictable. And I guess that's part of why I like the show and have stuck with it through its ups and downs. It's easily the best show I've seen on television (besides Mama's Family, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...