Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Few Things

A few things...

I wouldn't mind MTV not showing videos if "True Life" was all they showed. Throughout the few years this show has been on they've explored such great topics as "I'm moving back in with my parents", "I'm gay and I'm getting married", "I'll do anything for money", "I'm on Adderall", "I'm obese", "I'm dead broke" and most recently "I'm a battle rapper". I feel so much better about my life after watching these people. Great stuff...

Speaking of videos, has anyone seen the entire saga that is R. Kelly's "Trapped In The Closet" video? Wow. Has he lost his damn mind? I mean, I know he videotapes himself peeing on underage girls but that seems halfway decent compared to this song. Let me get the premise right...he's cheating on his girlfriend with a girl whose husband is cheating on her with a man all the while R.'s girl is having an affair with a cop. Meanwhile R. Kelly's fans are feeling cheated for buying an album that is half made up of a twenty-five minute song with the same beat throughout. At least change it up a little you lazy fecophiliac pedophile!!!

In other news, if you enjoy sipping good wine, it's your lucky day. I will be helping out in distributing Piedmontese wine to the Nashville area. This is a region of Italy that is known worldwide for its great wines such as Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera, Nebbiolo and several others. If you'd like to buy a case of great wine for cheap, let me know. I'm also in the process of setting up several tastings around Nashville. I'll let you know when and where. Hopefully this'll take off for me and I'll be able to make some extra dough. I've been given a great opportunity from the motherland and I'm gonna make the most of it...

I'm also looking forward to free popcorn at Predator games next season. Even though I'm not a huge hockey fan and I've only been to a few games a year since the Preds started up the franchise in Nashville, I really missed hockey last season. Let's hope people go to the games and keep the team here. I'll be attending several...but I'm still not throwing my hat on the rink if someone scores a hat-trick. Fuck that.

I've noticed a lot of familiar songs in commercials lately. Pinback, Aqueduct and Iron & Wine join the ranks of Modest Mouse, the Walkmen and Radio 4 as bands that have sold their songs to promote various products. I'm not gonna be one of those people that totally disowns a band for "selling out" because I don't see it as that big of a deal. If they want to get a bit more exposure while making some money, more power to them. We all drive cars, drink Coke, eat M&Ms and play video games, so what's the problem?! As long as you're making good records, I'll keep buying them. I don't care what label you're on or what product you choose to endorse. An artist caught in a backlash from fans about signing to a major label once said, "I don't care who pays for your college education, why do you care who pays for my albums?". I concur.

I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...